Contemporary Performing Arts & Dance Management, Producing and Marketing
I am an independent senior performing arts producer and consultant with over 15 years’ experience working internationally for organisations and artists including Candoco Dance Company, Sadler’s Wells, Nigel Charnock, Gecko and Liverpool Biennial.
I am interested in working with and supporting artists in the development of sustainable producing models and long term partnerships, including securing of funding, co-commissions and producing of projects, tours and company management.
Through international co-commissions, an understanding of strategic touring and careful development of long term partners and networks I have been able to support the creation and distribution of works in an international context- with a specific understanding of work led by disabled practitioners and artists interested in questioning and challenging our understanding of ‘dance’.
My work focuses on:
- International and national producing of projects, performances and co-productions, including tour booking with a view to develop key presenting partner relationships
- company & project management, including financial management and budgeting, contract negotiation, staffing, strategic & business planning
- fundraising, including national and international funding programmes
- marketing & communication
- tour & project management, including overseeing logistics and staffing, tour management and administration
Since 2017 I am working from my base in South Germany.
Mit mehr als fünfzehn Jahren internationaler Berufserfahrung im Kultur-und Tanzbereich als kaufmännische Leitung, Produktions- und Projektleiterin sowie Leitung in der Öffentlichkeitsarbeit umfassen meine Arbeits- und Aufgabenfelder im Bereich der Performing Arts: Konzepterstellung, Planung und Durchführung kultureller Veranstaltungen. Projektentwicklung, Projektleitung, Projektmanagement, Company und Tourmanagement, Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, Kuratorentätigkeit, Festivalleitung, sowie alle Bereiche der kaufmännischen Leitung und Verwaltung, Finanzierung, Controlling, Fördermittelbeantragung und Berichterstattung, Budget- und Produktionsplanung und der konzeptionellen Weiterentwicklung der künstlerischen Tätigkeiten in enger Zusammenarbeit mit den künstlerischen Leitern und Künstlern.
From 2012 onwards :
Freelance Contracts/ Independent Projects including:
Claire Cunningham Projects
– Executive Producer (December 2014 onwards)
Overall strategic responsibility for Claire Cunningham’s artistic projects and productions
Joan Clevillé Dance
– Executive Producer (January 2016 onwards)
Overall strategic responsibility, supporting the development, touring and creation of works by choreographer Joan Clevillé
Executive Producer for the 2018 & 2019 edition of this annual contemporary dance festival, presenting international companies and artists to audiences in Heilbronn, South Germany (16-21 May 2018, 22-26 May 2019)
Candoco Dance Company
– Consultant (June 2015-October 2015)
Scoping and project development for Beyond Inclusion, a Creative Europe Project involving 6 partner organisations across the EU
——-Russell Maliphant Company- International Touring/ Tour Booking Consultancy (March-Oct 2017)
——-Jonzi D – UK touring production of Lyrikal Fearta, including Tour Booking, GftA proposal development and delivery (December 2012- March 2014)
——-Varmints – Tour Consultancy/ Booking for the re-mount of this production in 2015 (Autumn 2014)
Heitere Fahne/ Freiraum_Theater
– Organisational Consultancy (June- July 2015)
– International Tour Producer (August 2012-December 2012)
-Consultant/ Associate Producer (2006-2014)
Ongoing work with and support to performance company on various projects
Candoco Dance Company– Producer
Working closely with the Artistic Directors and Executive Director on the overall strategic direction of the company, responsible for producing all of the company’s live performances, projects and touring productions, overseeing all aspects of touring from developing relationships with partners and venues, co-commissions and co-productions, tour booking, tour management, contract and fee negotiations with presenting partners, festivals and venues (international and national) to drafting and monitoring of budgets, line managing and contracting of staff such as technical manager and tour manager.
In addition I oversee all aspects of marketing, line managing the Communication Manager, Audience Development Coordinator and freelance Marketing Manager to work with all presenting partners and venues to ensure the successful marketing campaign delivery across our tours and activities.
Nigel Charnock / Ten Men – Executive Producer
2005 – 2009
AEI Group Ltd – Freelance Event Producer
– D&B Arena is the world’s leading brand for Drum & Bass Music – it encompasses a web portal, Events, Compilation Releases and Digital Download & Distributions
– producing of live events at venues across the UK as well as overseeing the management of festivals, co-promotions and international tours.
– responsibilities include overseeing of artist booking, artist & venue contracts, production, marketing activities and staffing.
– Ensuring of commercial viability, cash flow forecasts, budget monitoring and profit & loss accounting
Liverpool Biennial of Contemporary Art– Marketing Coordinator
Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)- BA First Class Hons. Performing Arts, Music & Entertainment Management (2000-2003)
Universität Leipzig Magister (Intermediate Exams) Theatre Studies, Cultural Studies & Sociology ( –